A breakfast remedy for any overindulgence from the night before or post stomach upsets. If you’re feeling sluggish, bloated or just low on energy, it’s time to blend up this smoothie.
The enzymes in papaya are anti-inflammatory and promote healthy digestion as does ginger. Adding some papaya seeds will help support your body against parasites, but you’ll probably need to increase the quantity of seeds slowly as you get used to their peppery taste.
INGREDIENTS – For 2 portions
- ½ large ripe papaya, peeled and seeds removed, flesh scooped out, about 375g
- ½ ripe large banana, about 100g
- Small piece of ginger root, peeled
- Juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp saved papaya seeds (optional)
1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Blend till smooth and serve.