A beauty tea? Well yes! This is one of my favourite morning tipples for SO many reasons. It actually creates rapid energy in the body thanks to the special fats in the coconut oil. The special triglycerides don’t need any complex conversion by the body but instead are used directly by the liver to be used as energy.
Drinking this tea also helps reduce blood sugar and improve insulin productions. Less sugar in the blood = less “glycation”, a hardening of cell membranes etc. = more beautiful skin. AND – very importantly without the sensation of hunger. So, you can use it as a replacement to breakfast and see how you feel : )
I alternate between this recipe and the one with Matcha tea. And I also do it with regular Chaï tea (with theine).
So, this dairy-free « latte” may seem a strange idea but try it, you may love it. Many clients adoooore it instead of breakfast, giving a different kind of Intermittent Fasting, with no hunger and as a super bonus incredible mental clarity.
- 1 mug of Rooïbos tea (made with 1 sachet – I like Pukka or Wild & The Moon brands)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional : 1-2 drop(s) of natural stevia (I love using the “vanilla crème” one from SWEETLEAF here on amazon)
- Make the tea.
- Take a little amount that you can add a bit of cold water too.
- Add the coconut oil and blend in a blender for seconds. I use the Nutribullet every day for this.
- CAREFUL!! IT’S ESSENTIAL YOU DO THE BLENDING WITH COOLED / LUKEWARM TEA. IF TOO HOT, YOU RUN THE RISK OF HAVING IT SPLATTER IN YOUR FACE AND BURN YOU!!
- Once the emulsifying is done, I THEN add in the rest of the hot tea.
- This gives you a beautifully frothy drink.
Add stevia if you wish.