For 2 portions.
Supercharger is right. This smoothie packs in protein from chia seeds, almond milk, almond butter, and kale, which makes it a perfect go-to before or after a workout. I love the combination of ginger, mango, and almond—it tastes decadent but fruity and uplifting at the same time.
Pro tip: If you don’t have mango, substitute pineapple or extra banana instead. Or, for a very different—but also very delicious—blend, try swapping blueberries for mango.
- 1 cup kale, leaves only, tightly packed
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup mango, frozen and cubed
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Blend till smooth and serve.