I love fennel! When in season, this soup is a simple way to enjoy its subtle aniseed flavour. : )
The simple ingredients give plenty flavour by themselves. As far as i am concerned, there’s no need to add cream but you could if you wanted to.
I add finely chopped parsley – or even better – dill right at the end for some raw vitamins.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 leeks – the white portion
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 4 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 TBSP or less of garlic
- 4 mugs of water
- 1/2 mug parsley or dill, finely chopped.
- 2 TBSP coconut or olive oil
- Cut all the vegetables in small chunks and gently fry in the oil.
- Add the boiling water
- Bring to a boil.
- When ready, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, blend to a smooth consistency and add a sprinkle of the parsley and / or dill.