This chilled avocado and courgette soup is such an easy, quick (takes 10 min) and flavoursome recipe, perfect served chilled in summer. Plus it keeps for about 2 days in the fridge so is ideal made in advance for that friends dinner you are cooking for.
You literally just fry some leeks, add everything into a blender and blend until creamy.
Plus it’s super healthy and low in carbs. And need I remind you that avocado is an incredible nutrient-dense food. Some of its amazing benefits
- Packed with healthy fats & fibre
- High in protein (actually the highest protein & lowest sugar fruit out there!)
- Full of vitamins like A, B, C, E and K
- Loaded with trace minerals like magnesium, potassium and iron
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4/6
- 2 leeks cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium courgettes chopped
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 ripe avocado
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the leeks and gently fry until softened, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Transfer the leeks to a blender, followed by the cucumber, courgette, coriander, spring onions and spices. Add 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Blend on high until smooth.
- Remove the lid and add the avocado and remaining liquid, blending again until smooth. For a thinner soup, add additional liquid 1/4 cup at a time (blending between each addition), until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- If soup is at your desired temperature, serve immediately. If not, chill in the fridge until cold.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls and optionally garnish with chopped courgette, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper.
- Keeps chilled in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.